Acheiving a soft and fluffy angel food cake is quite a task. Being a baker for the past 9 yrs wasn’t enough to help me get a proper , forget proper atleast a palatable angel food cake the first time around. OK I’m not trying to scare anyone here but you do require some techniques under your belt to make this one.
I’m a tough person to please with cakes , so while most recipes gave rise to the cake it wasn’t enough for me. An Angel food cake needs to be fluffy and soft , never too sweet.
So Here’s my recipe of the angel food cake. I don’t have proper pictures as I later used this to make my banana leche pudding. http://attwenty.org/2017/10/10/my-banana-leche-pudding/
I will update it the next time I make it .
What you need :
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 large egg white , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
What to do :
- Beat the egg whites until frothy in a clean and dry bowl.
- Once frothy , add the icing sugar part by part and beat it until a soft peak stage.
- Mix the granulated sugar , salt and cake flour and keep it aside.
- Add the vanilla essence to the egg whites and whisk gently by hand.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture , part by part and whisk until we’ll incorporate with a hand whisk.
- Pour it into an ungreased baking tin and bake for 35 – 40 mins.
- Once done , turn it upside down and let it cool down completely before removing it from the tin.